Yogurt-Marinated Grilled Chicken
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3 pounds)
- 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and stems
- 1/2 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil plus more for brushing
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 2'piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
Working with one chicken breast at a time, put chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound to 1/2" thickness. Transfer chicken breasts to a resealable plastic bag.
Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour yogurt mixture over chicken, seal bag, and turn to coat. Marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
Build a medium fire in a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to medium-high. Brush grill grates with oil. Scrape excess marinade off chicken; season with salt. Grill chicken, turning once, until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side.