Green Beans with Sweet and Sour Red Onions
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 1 pound slender green beans, trimmed
- 1 very large (14- to 16-ounce) red onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
Steam beans until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Melt butter in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add next 3 ingredients. sauté until onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Add vinegar and sugar. Stir until sauce thickens, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add beans; toss to coat and heat through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Mound in shallow bowl.