- 1 pound fresh Pacific halibut or other firm-fleshed fish
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 cup green olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatillos, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and minced (optional)
- Tostadas or torilla chips
Chop fish into 1/2" cubes; place in medium bowl. Add kosher salt; toss to coat. Add lime juice; toss to coat. Marinate until the edges of the cubes begin to turn opaque, tossing occasionally, about 30 minutes.
Dice avocados; add to bowl along with green olives, tomatillos, onion, cilantro, and jalapeño. Add olive oil and season to taste with salt.
Serve over tostadas or with tortilla chips for dipping.