Ambrosia Salad with Toasted Coconut
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This beautiful, classical Southern ambrosia salad is the holiday fruit salad of your dreams.
- 1 tablespoon coconut shavings
- 2 mangoes, pitted, peeled, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 4-pound pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 1/4x1/4x1' strips
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium heads of Belgian endive, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
Preheat oven to 350°. Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet; toast in oven until edges are golden brown, 2-4 minutes. Let cool. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead. Store airtight at room temperature.
Meanwhile, using a sharp knife, trim peel with all white pith from oranges and grapefruit. Working over a medium bowl, cut fruit out from between membranes, releasing segments into bowl along with any juices. Using a slotted spoon, transfer segments to a large bowl. Add mango and pineapple strips to bowl with oranges and grapefruit. Add oil to juices in medium bowl; season dressing to taste with salt and set aside. DO AHEAD: Fruit and dressing can be made 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate.
Add endive and cilantro to fruit in large bowl. Whisk dressing to blend; pour over fruit mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle coconut over.